Thursday, January 8, 2009

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC


I am a fan of Chicklit and hate to admit I haven't read the book  "Confessions of a Shopaholic" yet. The trailer looks inviting especially since the movie was shot in my old home town, New York City, Manhattan, the Big Apple, the City.  Which ever name you want to use is fine with me, but I refer to it as my other home.   I think I was two years away from being considered a converted New Yorker.  Anyway, you can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the shopping out of the girl.  

Every time I go to New York there are a few places I have to visit (Dean and Deluca, Saks, ABC Home and Carpet) plus the Shopping "B's": Bergforf's, Barneys, Bendels, Blahnik and Bloomingdales.  On my last trip I discovered every woman's version of Disneyland, the shoe department at Saks.  Oh my God!  If you haven't experienced this fantastic playland, then I encourage you to spend your next vacation at this wonderful resort.  It's so amazing it has it's own zip code (10022-SHOE) and when it opened the local post office issued commemorative stamps. 

When Chicklit comes to the big screen (The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City) I go to the movies for the story line as well as the clothes and styling tips.  I am a screen talker so I apologize if you happen to be sitting next to me during the screening of this film.  But in the event you get stuck next to me, just politely ask me to be quiet and I will.  Sorry.  This funny movie opens February 13th, just in time for all of us that will be spending Valentine's Day with our favorite Valentine, ourselves.


No comments: